T3Ch

Aussie heading over to NZ- Airsoft Advice Anyone? (fields etc.)

Okay so I'm heading over to NZ on December the 27th with 2 of my mates. We're all 17, but we have a relative over there who owns a few guns. We've already bought some airsoft googles and neoprene face covers.

After looking all over the net, I have a few questions...

1. What are these waivers? Are they forms that my friends and I need to sign in order to play?

2. Where are all the established fields? I see a lot of clubs- but I don't see very many established airsoft fields... Is there a difference? (Forgive my ignorance- things are a bit different in Australia where we have Paintball instead <.<)

3. We'll be heading from Queenstown to Dunedin to The Spit to Christchurch. Do you guys know any goods fields on the way through these places (of the places themselves would be good :))

Anyway, that's all I'm worried about at the moment. Thanks for your help guys :)

1. What are these waivers? Are they forms that my friends and I need to sign in order to play?

Yeah pretty much, they are basicly a liability release saying that the hosting club isnt responsible for anything that may occur while you are playing. I.e. you break your arm its not our fault etc

2. Where are all the established fields? I see a lot of clubs- but I don't see very many established airsoft fields... Is there a difference? (Forgive my ignorance- things are a bit different in Australia where we have Paintball instead <.<)

In NZ the clubs run the fields. So for example TAG leases land, has members that own land that we can use etc and we organise the games run on it, this is pretty standard for most clubs around the country.

3. We'll be heading from Queenstown to Dunedin to The Spit to Christchurch. Do you guys know any goods fields on the way through these places (of the places themselves would be good :))

Anyway, that's all I'm worried about at the moment. Thanks for your help guys :)

In terms of places to play there are DAC in Dunedin. Im unsure of there playing dates but if you give them a date you will be in town im sure they can sort you out a game.

In Christchurch you have TAG, CSG and SA all of these clubs play on a weekly basis on either Saturday or Sunday. You can also do CQB in Christchurch if you ask nicely.

And then you have NAC who are based in Nelson. I highly recommend you make the time to play with these guys if you are up in that part of the country. Again I do not know when they regularly play, but again post up with a date and im sure they will be able to show you a good time.

Any more questions just fire away dude

Thanks alot Mouse :)

I do have a few more questions now though.

So with the Christchurch clubs,

I would just have to contact them before hand and let them know we're coming?

Do they charge for the use of their fields?

Do I need to download and sign the waivers myself or would they have copies there already?

Slighty different question: Do fields usually sell BB's/hire out guns?

Of course I'm going to contact them myself later and ask most of these questions again just to be sure- but I'de like to get a heads up and as much info as possible while I have the luxury of time :)

Thanks again guys! :)

(also, as a slightly less essential question, what kind of airsoft-power am I looking at to be an effective combatant? We're all quicker than your average bear, so we were thinking that perhaps electric pistols may be all we need, but I'm not so sure.)

for info about sport airsoft, visit their site www.sportairsoft.co.nz, you will need to pre-book guns for hire - no problem as there is about 15 to hire, you will need to fill in wavers, and each game has a fee for the field which depends on where we are playing..

Thanks Wookie :) I've signed up and am just lurking ATM.

I have another big problem at the moment... I will only be able to play on thursday/friday or both. I'll be leaving on a saturday. Chances of non-weekend games guys?