Ming

Coming to New Zealand!

Hi all,

Got my work visa and busy packing up my life to move from London to Wellington by 26 December. Already exchanging mail with the Police about bringing my airsofts with me but looking forward to starting to go airsofting again; been a bit slack over the last few years. Also looking forward to exploring these forums!

Ming.

Hey Ming, 

There's a few clubs here in Wellington to choose from - 232crew, WMA and RuBcore are the three main clubs operating in these parts. Each has a bit of a different play-style and fields etc. 

Unfortunately the ASNZ forums are a bit quiet these days, as the Facebook behemoth eats most content these days from pure convenience. So most of us have active FB group pages that have game listings etc that you should be able to find (linked ours above).

Also late Dec/early Jan can be a bit quiet for games, but things tend to get back into full swing later in January - and there's usually a few bigger events around NZ from then until April. 

Depending on how you get on with Police/Arms Office, you'll likely have to get permits for each one of your guns you want to bring in - although this may be tricky if you're not club affiliated beforehand. Hopefully the AO is being helpful so far, permits can sometimes be a bit slow to come through. 

Thanks, I'll check out FB too; and yes, I  am now in the process of filling in the paperwork for permits. Fortunately, it seems that having a friend in Masterton with a firearms license helps!

Ming.