Sign in to follow this  
model.citizen

changes to online purchases

I've been away from all things airsoft for about 4 years after a variety of dramas took focus away.

Now getting back into it, and I find all the laws have changed - now all my rifles are semi-auto only coz that was all that was allowed when i bought them! :D

My question is, what is the proper procedure for purchasing new airsoft guns online from overseas?  Looking at the Police mail order form, they want to know all kinds of details from the seller, but of course when dealing with a number of Asia-based shops you never get the luxury of knowing all that detailed information.  Is there a straightforward way that can allow for impulse purchases? :D:D 

"Is there a straightforward way that can allow for impulse purchases?" - Short answer: no.

You sshould be able to get all the information you need for the import permit from the store. Keep in mind that an import permit form,  and a police mail order form,  are two separate things. The latter is used as proof of identity (in place of presenting the seller your Firearms License) when purchasing firearms online, and is now a requirement for air guns (although you don't need the FAL, you still need to prove your identity to police to get the form filled out).

An import permit is required for certain Airsoft guns being imported into the country, basically any restricted airgun - anything full auto, anything that looks like an MSSA (even if it's single action, like a Springer SVD), anything that looks like a restricted shotgun, and any handgun. Basically unless it looks like an A Cat weapon, it needs a permit. Applications take time. You also need a good reason for import, and pretty much need to be a club member. If you have any questions,  talk to your Club Armourer, and/or your local police Arms Officer. Their contact details can be found on the police website. 

Cool, thanks for the reply.

I'm not a club member (yet), but in the near future i'll do so.  I've been collecting/shooting airguns (.177 target rifles initially, then airsoft when the first TM springer pistols became readily available in the late 80s/early 90s) for quite a while, but have typically been a backyard/range shooter.

I'll pop on down to the local PoPo and have a chat with them.

Cheers!

• Like 1