The Trumpist

Importing Airsoft Guns

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I had a quick chat to someone about importing Airsoft guns a few weeks ago but I can't find any information on the forums that might help and I can't remember who it was that was talking about it.

I found this form here - http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/application-to-import-firearms-restricted-weapons-parts-pol-67b-oct-2014.pdf

I wondered if anyone has done this before and is the above the correct form to fill out? Also i'd love to get a run down on what the process is, do I need a firearms license to import an airsoft gun? Do I order the gun and then submit a form or the other way around?

Cheers,

Thomas

1. you must be over 18

2. Go to the Police station, 2nd floor ask the Arms Officer for a "Permit to import Firearms/restricted weapons"

3. Fill it in ( The reason you want it is "To play the sport of Airsoft with NAC an ASNZ incorporated club")

4. Take it back to the Arms Officer (he checks, and sends to Wellington)

5. Wait 4-10 weeks.

6. Get permit in post.

7. Buy gun

8. Send exporter the second copy of the permit (Exporters copy can be done electronically)

9. Wait until it arrives in NZ and Customs send you a letter asking for your permit

10. Send customs your permit (first "Original" paper copy)

11. Wait for Customs to release the gun and for it to be delivered to your door.

12. Unpack it and get someone with some skills and know how to replace the battery connector with a Deans connector.

13. Attach battery, get it chronographed so that you know how fast it is firing. (make any alterations ie change spring etc)

14. Refer to the FPS/BB mass/engagement distances ( sub 350 fps 0m engagement 351>420 fps 10 m minimum ie you cant shoot someone if they are closer than 10 m. Anyone sporting a "Shark badge" in the club will be able to help with this.

15 Attend club days and enjoy.

Edited by Guardian

That is simplest & best breakdown of importing that I've read! Well done sir :D

That is simplest & best breakdown of importing that I've read! Well done sir :D

Sorry bitsy but your wrong. Forgot step 1, take two years to talk wife into letting u buy new gun. :(

Hahaha now that's the best bit of advice to offer anyone wanting to import a new gun!

8 minutes ago, Vindress said:

How much does it cost to get an import permit?

And do you need an import permit to buy an airsoft semi automatic pistol from overseas like airsoft GI or Evike

So i've been told you need a letter from your club for importing, is this true?

Letter or email is the general go.

1 person likes this

Hello I can’t find any info on importing airsoft parts from other countries like the US I want to buy 5.1 Hi Capa Slides and recoil springs for upgrades but I don’t know if the law allows that is it okay to import them without a permit or a license 

Stuff like

Slides

Recoil Spring

Short Stroking Kit

Trigger

MagWell

Things like these, are they okay to import without permit or a license?

As long as your not shipping enough parts to put a gun together you should be fine. No licence is ever required, only a permit for restricted weapons.

If unsure check with your local arms officer.

1 person likes this