Stickman from nac sells gme radios at a reasonable price. Ivr had mine for 4 years.

Pm him, also he has a sales thread on here somewhere. I think he is on holiday atm though.

hey man i personally run a gme and there possibly the most reliable radio you can buy. I've seen them dropped, smashed and drowned, they all still go. however if your after a puxing hit up Dan Mazur. he can program them and set them up so you don't broadcast on any Chanel you shouldn't be ;)

Baofeng UV5r is the one to get. Just follow the link I gave you to the 409 shop.

409Shop links don't work properly (mine doesn't work properly either). Is the one to get the BAOFENG UV5RZ 136-174/400-520MHz Dual Band Two way Radio since it should cover the 465-520Mhz we need?

Edited by Plagu3

It looks like the Baofeng uses the Kenwood type heatset connector. That means the Puxing programming cable should work :)

I'm still rocking my Uniden uh040's from my town security days. My pair still works and you can still buy headsets for them. :D

Workmates looking these up, seems the beofung uv5r only go up to 480mhz.. . . . Uv5rz go up to 520mhz

Are the 480 up to speed for our purpose and Compatibility with all other players.?

And now I've found uv5ra and uv5r v2, that's listed as 520 and looks like it has armour! Haha 2014 model

The New Zealand CB channels center on the 477MHZ range (476.42500mhz to 477.41250mhz) so as long as it can get to those frequencies it should be fine.

I've made a little spreadsheet that I've added in the few radios that I know will work out fine for the frequencies that you should be using.

If anyone has any to recommend to add give me a yell and I'll add them in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DlWFY1THwtcMCL_aNvGMomUOV1PUJVthpv2nbDU4gNI/edit?usp=sharing