Chibt

Nationals Game Rules

Age Restrictions/ Attendance Eligibility

All players attending this event must be at least 16 years of age or accompanied by a playing legal guardian. Full face protection is recommended for all players but compulsory for any player under the age of 18.

FPS limits - Please note these are the absolute limits. An fps 0.01j above any limit will be disallowed from the field

- A weapon firing 350 FPS (1.13 Joules) or under has no M.E.D

- A weapon firing from 351 FPS up to 420 FPS (1.63 Joules) has a 10m M.E.D

- A weapon firing from 420 FPS up to 600 FPS (2.80 Joules) has a 20m M.E.D

- No weapon may fire over 600 FPS (2.80 Joules).

Gun Class Restrictions

- Pistols can fire up to a maximum of 350 FPS (1.13 Joules).

- AEGs, SEGs, GBB rifles and shotguns can fire up to a maximum of 420 FPS (1.63 Joules).

- Single action rifles can fire up to a maximum of 600 FPS (2.80 Joules).

Please note if you are attending the CQB event an FPS limit of 350fps will be enforced for all guns with no minimum engagement distance. Therefore full face masks are HIGHLY recommended

Hit Rules

You are hit if you; Feel, Hear, See, a BB pellet hit your person or you gear, or are Told by a Marshal.

When you are hit you yell HIT to identify you have been hit. When you are hit you are to sit down with your weapon on your lap and place your hit marker on your head, until the engagement has cleared when you follow the respawn rules.

Bang kills

Used when the distance to your opponent is under 5 meters. To achieve a bang kill the player must have a full advantage in which the player being challenged would be hit first if any attempt was made to fight back. You must have the complete upper hand. The weapon must be in a stable firing position and aimed at the target. (i.e. not running) Bang kills must be made when the opponent is unaware of your presence, the contact must be made under control. It is recommended players attempt to eliminate an opponent from a distance where possible. When bang killed, you must follow the HIT rules. Do not call for a BANG if you are not 100% sure of hitting the target. Use their name if you can, to make it obviously clear. ie "BANG Kham" or "BANG guy with the AK47"

Bang Kills are NOT silent kills

Stealth Kill/Knife Kill

A "stealth kill" or "knife kill" is when a player is able to touch the opponent player undetected. If you are "Knife Killed" it is considered a silent kill and you follow the hit rule without yelling "HIT". Contact kills must be made when the opponent is unaware of you presence, the contact must be made under control. You may not run at a player and "tag" them, as this is not counted an undetected kill.

For clarification a fake knife is not required for a knife kill

Ricochets do not count as a kill - however if in doubt, call yourself out

Rules Regarding use of Full automatic fire

we will apply ASA rules where:

- if you are using a high capacity magazine - defined as fed using a wheel winder mechanism or with capacity above 150rds, then you will be restricted to semi automatic only

- if you are using a low/mid capacity magazine - defined as spring fed and capacity below 150rds, then you may use fully automatic fire

- exceptions for defined and obvious support weapons (m249, m240, m60, PKM, RPK) may use a electric/wheel wound, drum/box type, high capacity magazine in fully automatic fire

Participants may be warned and/or summarily ejected from the event for breaches of these rules.

Edited by w44tbix

what weight bb's are these fps limits on? 0.2g?

yes :)

- A weapon firing 350 FPS (1.13 Joules) or under has no M.E.D

I love this rule ;)

Most airsofters are unaware of the energy rating of their gun but know their FPS and how it stacks up on .20g or .25g BB's from past events.

What's more efficient?

- one person doing the calculations once and posting it in the game info, OR

- having every player find an online calculator and/or .20g BB's and a chrono before the event

Also, check the Joules for the 600fps rating above - my calculator says it 3.35J on .20g (not 2.80J which is about 550fps)

Is there any max BB's weight restrictions for these events? Energy aside, I know some clubs cap their weights. A .36g BB at 3.35J (measured at the muzzle) is going to smart a lot more at 20m than a .20g BB at 3.35J (measured at the muzzle). Just so the snipers/dmr's know what they can use.

Cheers.

I'm just asking this question for a bit of clarity. Let's say I the limit is in fact 600 fps on 0.2g bbs with a Single Shot Rifle (3.32 Joules). If I chrono in at 599 FPS on a 0.2g bb and pass am I then allowed to go and put 0.36g bbs in it?

Or do you need to be under the energy limit on whatever weight bb you intend to use?

I don't mind either way I just want to know what the rule is.

I will update the joules again this weekend as it appears I made a mistake.

Flazzboy you will be crono'd on 0.2 and measured joules so in theory if you change BB weight there after there should be negligible difference unless people are being manipulative dicks with their hops.

I seriously dislike any bang kill rules. When players have the opportunity to melee, and a zero engagement distance with their weapons under 350, it makes bang rules redundant. I have very often seen arguments arise on the field with bangs about how legitimate they are or not, and quite frankly i believe it gives some players a skill that they don't possess in real life. If you masterfully stalk through the bush behind a player and they are just out of reach for a knife kill, shoot him in the foot, that is if you are not willing to put one in his bum cheek, and if you dont think you have the skills to shoot that player in the boot, before he has the chance to turn around and pop you, what right do you have to call a bang kill on him?

Hahahaha I bet you guy's would winge if an inexperienced/experienced player shot you too close in a fleshy spot. Bang rule solves more problems than it starts and gives players a chance to be GC and congratulate one another. Be a dude, not a dick.

(Above comment NOT aimed at anyone)

I hate bang shot but they have there place.

If I get bang killed and feel it is not a fair bang kill, I say to the person that I will take it but next time I would prefer that it was 100% certain that I would have been killed. So he should be able to see my whole body, he is not moving, his gun is pointing at me and there should be no doubt in my head that I would be dead.

So I treat an unfair bang kill as a learning experience for the shooter.