Casper1

Wellington Armageddon 2014 Child Cancer Foundation Fundraiser

So as many of you will already know, I organised the first CCF Armageddon Expo fundraiser back in 2013, plus some of you will have seen or heard about the presentation I gave to this year's ASNZ AGM.

I'm pleased to say that the 2013 event went so well we have been invited back in 2014 and this year we will be implementing the learning points from last year!

This year we once again plan to run 3 main activities:-

1) Zombie Alley - where the paying public run thru a darkened zombie filled alley

2) A shooting gallery - 50rd's with a full auto G36 against a A3 paper zombie target drawn by 2013 Armageddon guest Dean Rankine

3) A raffle - $5 per ticket to enter a draw to win lots of different goodies from a PS3 to a 3D TV and lots more!

Below is the proposed layout for 2014:-

agZON2C.jpg

Points to note (improvements from 2013):-

• At the start of the Zombie Alley there will (hopefully) be a TV playing a fake Zombie outbreak news report along with CCF adverts for the queue to watch while they await their turn
  • At the end of the alley will be a debrief room in which we can scan any potentially bitten runners on our Infection Scanner (looks like a airport metal detector with siren and flashing lights which are set off by remote control!)
  • The raffle stall will be manned by CCF volunteers to free up airsoft personnel to focus on the Zombie Alley and Shooting Gallery
  • The Airsoft Show and Tell tent will be a Airsoft Promo tent rather than a specific airsoft club promo tent, all the various airsoft clubs in attendance will be encouraged to promo their own club and airsoft in general
  • In the sponsors area Hell's Pizza will have their hearse and will be running their zombie based iPad game for attendees to play - right next to the raffle stall, hopefully we'll be able to hit people up to buys a raffle ticket or 2 while they stop to play!

What we need:-

In 2013 we were stretched far too thin and desparately needed extra hands on deck, so this year we are looking for 40 airsoft bodies at the event for each of the 3 days (Sat 31st May, Sun 1st June and Mon 2nd June). With WMA taking the lead in organising the lead up to the event we simply do not have enough members currently to have 40 people at the event for all 3 days.

Therefore we'd like to openly invite as many ASNZ clubs to help out as are able. I'm sure WMA will be happy to offer any spare rooms we have, or even garden space to pitch tents if required.

If you're able to assist please let us know, maybe through your primary rep so they can co-ordinate a list of names to make comm's a little easier to deal with.

What we already have:-

We already have lots of donations for the planned raffle, but we can always use more! If you are able to offer anything or twist the arm of anyone or any business you know to add something to the prize pool please go for it - if you don't ask you'll never know!

Prizes so far:

4rlxjDq.jpg

• A 12GB Playstation 3 with games from Noel Leeming stores around the Wellignton Region (see www.noelleeming.co.nz)
  • A SONY 3D TV complete with 3D glasses from Noel Leeming Porirua
  • An 250GB Xbox360 with games from The Warehouse stores around the Wellington Region (see www.thewarehouse.co.nz)
  • Multiple sets of Philips headphones from Pudney & Lee (see www.pudneyandlee.co.nz)
  • A Helipro scenic helicopter flight (see www.wellington.helipro.co.nz/)
  • Anime DVD’s from Madman (see www.madman.co.nz)
  • $250 InterIslander Ferry voucher donated by InterIslander (see www.interislander.co.nz)
  • The 2014 Armageddon Wellington Event poster printed on a A2 stretched canvas donated by PixelPaint (see www.pixelpaint.co.nz) and to be signed by all the attending guests/VIP’s at Armageddon
  • Some Simpsons comics and prints donated and signed by graphic artist and 2013 Armageddon guest Dean Rankine
  • Zombie related goodies from Zombie Survival Challenge (see www.zsc.co.nz)

With more being worked on!

Hey Casper, this is great! Will those attending to help have free access to the rest of Armageddon?

Is there any suggestions/offers of accommodation for visitors?

Sorry Cas, was very happy (even enjoyed myself!) helping out last year and was keen to do the same this year until I double checked the date, I will be out of country for that month!

Wish you all the luck!

Hey Casper, this is great! Will those attending to help have free access to the rest of Armageddon?

Yep, all those involved in the CCF fundraiser (incl. the zombies in the alley) will have free access, and if we get enuff bodies we will be able to scedule breaks, etc this year - last yr most did 3 days non-stop, hence the cry for help!

Depending on numbers, hopefully WMA can offer the odd spare room for the 3 days of the event or we can look at other options if req'd.

Cheers

Casper

Sorry Cas, was very happy (even enjoyed myself!) helping out last year and was keen to do the same this year until I double checked the date, I will be out of country for that month!

Wish you all the luck!

All gud bud, enjoy ur travels!

I have many a spare couch, bed, floor (lol) or back yard for a tent space, open to anyone who would like it.

Super keen for this, I know a few of the others are as well. I'll start annoying the boss from tomorrow onwards... I've probably got more than enough time in lieu/holiday leave going for me anyways. :D

Sat 31st May, Sun 1st June and Mon 2nd June. As stated in the first post. Also Im free for the 31st and could help out on the friday, sunday or the monday depending on my rosters.

My partner has offered to help us as well and we already have accommodation in welly for the 3 days and will help where needed.

I have the fake news report DVD extra from Dawn of the Dead if you want it (if we can use it). Can arrange transferring it to you/upload it somewhere for you to download. Its about 20min 278MB.

I have many a spare couch' date=' bed, floor (lol) or back yard for a tent space, open to anyone who would like it.[/quote']

Those coming out this way are welcome to a couch and/or floor mattress at mine also.

pretty keen, if i can get time off work ill defo be heading down, might even get some stuff to raffle from work. ill have a chat to the boss when I see him.

pretty keen' date=' if i can get time off work ill defo be heading down, might even get some stuff to raffle from work. ill have a chat to the boss when I see him.[/quote']

That would be great - hope to see you there!

Boss has said I can have the time off, and we have a budget for charity work so what would you be keen to get, stuff for the raffle or a donation?

Also FYI I work for the warehouse