w44tbix

debrief and thoughts

it turned out fine, was wet as fuck for the first two hours and toucing any tree gave you an instant shower but it fined up in the end

and thanks to AHB/opfor team for getting shot up by us

I shud of stayed home I wasnt fully healed in saying that I had a blast well done AHB you guys stepped up and made it a very professional event was great to catch up with all the airsoft brothers!

I didn't make it to the Nats this year but I'm hanging out for the photos :)

My suggestion is that it would be cool to have an official photographer (professional or keen amateur) at the Nats who can talks photos and put them on the forums at the end of each day. High quality images would be great for the ASNZ calendars, websites or promotional events.

thers a bunch on facebook already...but you gotta know who has them

That's why I suggest 'official'.

It's about getting the quality too. No offence but anyone can point a camera and take a photo, but a good photographer captures more. I hire professional photographers all the time for my job, yes it costs but the value you get is so much more.

Edit: I just checked ASNZs Facebook page and no photos there. So I take it people are just posting on their own pages and not sharing yet.

All very well to get a photographer there but I personally wud like to see more clubs committing to the event in saying that TAR where there :) actually MOST nth island clubs where there and the NAC boys

All very well to get a photographer there but I personally wud like to see more clubs committing to the event in saying that TAR where there :) actually MOST nth island clubs where there and the NAC boys

We're trying really hard to get to events run by other clubs, we've been to numerous AHB events, as well at TAH, WAB, RuB in the last 12 or so months. We didn't attend last years Nats as it was too costly for our members to get to the South Island. We're looking at going to a TAC event at the moment.

If there were more invites from other clubs I'm sure we'd have members keen to attend (hint hint) :D

i've linked them on the other thread....

Awesome! I can get my fix now :)

Thanks to the AHB boys for running such a great event, the CQB day on Friday was great followed up by a fair bit of fun by the river yesterday, it's just a bit of a shame we didn't manage to complete the full course as a result of the weather.... I guess we'll have to come back for that!

Shame about the weather, but we can't control that :p

I got home at 9 in the morning' date=' the heavy rain in the morning put me off the Milsim, hope everyone had a blast, great atmosphere loved it. Excited for the next nats when it comes :)[/quote']

sorry too wet for milsim?????? if its not raining it not training.

I vote NAC to run Nats next year

Sounds like a well run event!! Is there a chance people who we're taking photos please pm me so I can get copy's for asnz fb page :)

Btw whoever had that m4 or was it an HK416 that sounded like a real weapon....bloody amazing man!

that would be carbine and jaxx of ASA prototypes that they are working on for sale in the near future..

Thankyou AHB the TAR boys had a fantasttic time. Even enjoyed the rain.

My first nationals and I had a blast. The organisation that was put in paid off really well. (Big hand for Torak) and AHB did all they could to provide full on hospitality. One of the big plus' of the weekend was meeting face to face a whole lot of great shooters and I look forward to coming up against you all again at some time in the future. Every team we battled gave 100% and it was a pleasure to be a part of it all.

i've linked them on the other thread....

Just for an old guy can you make the link a little clearer? I couldn't find any other thread with links to photos.

Just home now…Washing machine trying to spit BDU's back out in disgust… :eek:

Had an awesome time, despite the best efforts of the weather - Hell, it's a Milsim event, not a COD LAN evening ;)

Meet up with some old friends and made some new ones & got to shoot at them… all double plus good for this kid!

(Even got a glimpse of the ever elusive Falcon on the field…;))

Well done to all involved and well done to all the players who braved the weather on Sat and reaped the rewards :)

Bloody awesome dudes!!

I second the need for an Official Photographer, I think a few people left their cameras out thinking someone else was doing it.

Thoughts for next time:

*Campsite for all Attendees was great

*Need Something more for the Individual regs to do, missing out on a whole day of nats because they cant field a team was dissapointing

*Nationals Group Photo needs to be taken

*Nationals Patch to be produced

Congrats to the boys of NAC who took out overall top CQB winners. Got big respect for your club, and that's not even factoring you being the only South Island club to actually show up.

Cheers to AHB for putting on a good show.

Greenrole day was fun; never had a 4 hour constant rolling gunfight before. Lol at all the soft soldiers who didn't go because of rain, you missed out hard. Glad most of ASA attended, the 4 that left because of pneumonia (and the sick person being their driver) are excused. Playing in the rain isn't something that stops games for ASA ;) But we're just soft Aucklanders. Tbh it wasn't even that wet once you actually got to the field anyway.

I second the need for an Official Photographer, I think a few people left their cameras out thinking someone else was doing it.

Thoughts for next time:

*Campsite for all Attendees was great

*Need Something more for the Individual regs to do, missing out on a whole day of nats because they cant field a team was dissapointing

*Nationals Group Photo needs to be taken

*Nationals Patch to be produced

We have heaps of pics including a group pic at the infirmary, just not posted yet. There were guys with cameras taking pics in high vis vests the whole time.

A few people could not play on the first day because they missed the registration date, the second day some people including yourself didn't want to play because "it was to wet" or other miscellaneous reasons.

Nationals t shirts and stuff will be available for everyone soon.

Had an awesome time and met some great guys and some hard core players, even with the little bit of drizzle we had, it rocked.

Soon as i can work out how to easily upload a shit load of pics tomorrow i will.. ( i suck at forum related things):confused:

A few people could not play on the first day because they missed the registration date,

Er, no? Missing registration date is one thing; not being a club with enough resources to build a team for the Nats is another. Pretty sure many of the registered individuals didn't miss the registration date.

I for one didn't appreciate that the information, that those who didn't form teams would be left out/become fill-ins, was only released 2 weeks before the cut-off when someone asked the question. Buried within a thread full of clutter. When there were ~20 weeks to plan the event (since August the official announcement).

Now, you can claim that the onus is on the individuals - but that defence sounds kinda hollow when the information wasn't volunteered out to start with, wasn't stickied or announced, and was only released ~2 weeks before registration closed. So please don't go there.

Also, lol @ arriving at 8.45am, then wait another ~3 hours for the game to start.