Ohraz

Feed Back on Nats

Afternoon girls and boys.

we are after feed back on the event just to help with future events please post your positive or negative feed back..

Post away people

and thanks again everyone for Attending!

All positive mate! Two great days of airsoft! Everything flowed well and kept us on our toes.

On a personal note maybe next time no stairs! For those that didn't realize I'm afraid of heights and Nem and the boys sorted it for me so I could still operate on the first day! BIG shout out of appreciation and thanks!!!

STRIPPERS would be good!!!

All round good, only draw back was it was not long enough (I could play all week LOL)

I would have liked to have had another fun day added, shorter games, no ammo limits and mix up the teams.

I didn't attend nats. In fact only one member from CTA did.

I can't speak for the other guys, but one of my reasons for not attending was the lack of information leading up to the event. Overview of Day 1 and 2 was not given til under a month from nats.

I thought the competitive CQB day was really well conducted. The four themes of activites (pistol, arena, CQB, VC trail) made for a nice flow through the day, and had no long periods of downtime.

Bit gutted that RuB we're the only Club at the North/South motor lodge, but heard the place had booked out by the time other clubs we're arranging there accommodations.

Had a great time there anyhow.

Thanks again.

On day one,

Felt the VC trial was a bit too rigged for the VC to win.

At various point's we would be shot from places that had been block off by tape. For obvious reasons (possible hazards ect), we cannot physically clear these areas, and on the occasion we tried, we got told by marshals that we cannot. To be shot from a place you know looked dodgy, but couldn't check, was rather disheartening.

On day two,

Maps were limited only to squad leaders. I got lost many a time on that huge field and a small map (like at 2012 Nats) would've been really good.

Otherwise, enjoyed the IPSC shooting and the arena was pretty cool.

On day one,

Felt the VC trial was a bit too rigged for the VC to win.

At various point's we would be shot from places that had been block off by tape. For obvious reasons (possible hazards ect), we cannot physically clear these areas, and on the occasion we tried, we got told by marshals that we cannot. To be shot from a place you know looked dodgy, but couldn't check, was rather disheartening.

On day two,

Maps were limited only to squad leaders. I got lost many a time on that huge field and a small map (like at 2012 Nats) would've been really good.

Otherwise, enjoyed the IPSC shooting and the arena was pretty cool.

There was only 1 enemy that was located in a place you couldnt go (the sniper)-that same engagement had 3 others persons (that one was supposed to be near impossible). However the rest of the time mate, you only face 2 enemy in each engagement, the VC had only 1 minute to shoot at you then bug out. All of those you could get into their areas. 3:1 odds for the VC, but obviously with element of surprise/cover.

Was designed to be fast and hard, but definatly not impossible/rigged. House team cant win anyways, so no such thing as rigging there lol

Every thing was excellent. I really enjoyed the format of the competition day, with a fun game on the second as our massive participation event.

Now that we have our sport at a level were at Nationals we can compete professionally The one and only thing I would like to see is the format being handed on to the next organisers so they can further the sport in the same way. Information on the behinds the scenes thing like scoring/game balancing and other important organisational things. So the next nationals can have some sort of similar competition and continue to support the trophies this years nats has given birth to.

Thanks CSG/TAG, good job.

Some feedback from me

Pre Event

Organisation and information flow was awful.

Format for event, times, details etc should have been available six months prior.

Payments from those attending were quick, well done.

Day One

Late arrivals caused issues, both players and house team.

Not enough time allowed for briefings and Squad Leaders walk through.

VC was not structured well though it was consistent. Very hard event to run in a CQB environment. No mater the skill level of the squads they would never have made it through alive.

IPSC went well, I think this could easily be extended to a more comprehensive individual shoot.

CQB went well, more targets and a mix of hostile/friendly targets may have added some interest. This needs to be balanced with the time then required to reset and score between rounds.

Arena went well, tended to become a spam from the back event as we saw in the final. Obstacles needed to be closer together to promote movement, possibly pistol only or a limit on the number of long weapons would have helped. Semis and Final format was great for getting a bit of atmosphere going though, a lot of potential with this one.

Numbers for the day:

Players - 10 teams of 6 = 60

House teams/organisers - 18

Day Two

Went better than I expected, no in field marshalling required. Player behavior was fantastic.

I would only use two thirds of the field for a similar game in the future.

Medical supplies were in short supply, primarily due to one team's tactic of denying the other team the hospital but also due to poor supply distribution by one team.

More maps may have helped individuals (each squad was issued a map), but without compasses or GPS only to a limited degree in that field.

Numbers for the day:

Blue team - 36

Red team - 38

Militia - 20

Admin - 2

Dinner and Prize giving

Dinner took ages and I never got my desert :mad:

Was a great opportunity to catch up with a heap of people though.

Overall a successful event I thought, a continuation of the format from the 2011 nationals. Looking forward to the 2014 nats.

Not enough time allowed for briefings and Squad Leaders walk through.

Small note on this one. Would have been good if the squad leader and 2IC could have done the walk through together. Makes it easier to remember if your short of time.

Dinner and Prize giving

Dinner took ages and I never got my desert :mad:

Was a great opportunity to catch up with a heap of people though.

They were 4 staff down, so they did ok considering.

Also would have been good to maybe mention the top 5 for IPSC shoot. I'm not talking prizes for all, just an honourable mention would be nice.

ok 1st well done to all that were part of the great weekend now.

Accommodation would be good if we all stayed in the same camp like the 2011nats

Signs at the warehouse complexs would be handie so players would get to events in the fastest of time

A white board with all times on it so all players know were and when to be places,not just the ic of the group.

Format for arena 1st sorry for the spam festival but nac train as a tight crew so we new each others tactics but it would of been good if they moved the barricade s around .

Vc was great you get hit hard from no where and work as a team to fight through this is how nac plays it to beat the impossable.

cqb great but being told their was no hostiles made the tactics go out the window.

day 2 more maps just needed a good old final battle to end the day and weekend on a high.

Good touch with the meal but fuck did my arse and every one pay for it the next day

thanks for opening the cqb site on the sunday great way to wind down from epicure weekend and get to meet the mighty rub guys.

Just my two pence worth.

Day Two

Went better than I expected, no in field marshalling required. Player behavior was fantastic.

I was quite surprised that there were no dramas at all. If anyone can figure out why there was none of the usual inter-personal friction / disputes over hits etc. then that would be useful info for future event organisers. (My thoughts on this are at the end of the post.)

I would only use two thirds of the field for a similar game in the future.

Medical supplies were in short supply, primarily due to one team's tactic of denying the other team the hospital but also due to poor supply distribution by one team.

The 'bleed out' option was always available, so even with zero medic capability you could still position the base to take advantage of re-spawn.

(Red Team used this option to good effect when our base was just east of the Hospital.)

It was frustrating at times, but without such a tight restriction the 'medic supplies' become essentially pointless.

More maps may have helped individuals (each squad was issued a map), but without compasses or GPS only to a limited degree in that field.

My suggestion would be that, as maps are usually marked off in letter-number grid, why not print out those designations and staple them to appropriate trees? Then you can spot a marked location and wander over to find out how terrible your sense of direction is.

I'm hopeless, so I just zig-zag insect style until I run into what I'm trying to get to. :)

Overall a successful event I thought, a continuation of the format from the 2011 nationals. Looking forward to the 2014 nats.

I could only attend the second day, and thought that was well worthwhile and went very smoothly. I do think that the limited ammo helped to focus people on tactics (other than overwhelming fire-power, if that can be considered a legitimate tactic) and probably also forced more cooperation and planning. That may have been a large part of why the playing was hissy-fit free, drawing down the lone-ranger / alpha male approach in favour of teamwork and shared purpose.

Then again, I am a commie, so I guess I would say that. ;)