Stolli

WOW Airshow

Hi Guys, below is a message from El Presidente re the airshow madness early next year. Have a read and let us know if it's something you might be interested in.

Well Guy's it's now official. (no, not that I've lost my marbles, that was known long ago)

You may remember some time ago I asked for expressions of interest about attending The Wairarapa airshow wellington anniversary weekend (Jan 19 & 20), and to stand by for development's, well in late braking news they've finally managed to get there collective into gear and the show is ON.

The ammo has been made/sourced so all that is needed from my fellow beloved members (and interested ring in's) is a little bit of willingness to sit in the sun in Masterton for a couple of days and and perv at all the expensive airplanes (especially a mossie and other merlin powered goodness), and once a day go out onto the field and make some noise (This will help offset those pesky carbon credits I've been forced to buy)

There has been arranged for a container to be on site for secure storage, camping in the area has been agreed to. Brian has organised some sponsorship so there should be at least 1, if not 2 nights of good barbecue food (Fri and Sat) and a fair amount of non alcoholic beverages (water and soft drinks) available.

It is in the usual place and there is room to set up some displays etc as you desire.

There is one WWII battle per day to coincide with the final airfield attack with the usuall mechanised support from our local friendly Military Vehicle friends. There is also some wrangling going on about a potential vietnam skirmish on the sunday which is still TBA.

With the impending end of the world (according to the mayans) I am retreating to a place of safety and refuge (not to mention good shopping and cheep food) so please direct all enquiries/pleadings to our ever long suffering and helpful Jeremy Rae.

Ummm not sure one will be there. Waka and Brownie are away for this one so I guess you miss out on that one :( but I know a K98 would be around. We would just need to let J Rae know.

Ammo is free though.

Hey Dan, J Rae is taking the Yugo but its running on 8mm with a budget of only 100rnds per day / battle. If you want to use it you best make contact with him real quick, he might assist you with loading more rounds.

Hey Josh and Dan I will be picking up your tickets for the airshow I will be on site Friday night so just Txt me when you arrive on 0272047260 and I will come out to the gate and give you your tickets.

They are looking for more peep's for the battles too, so if yous could help out with that too please. WW2 theme.

When are the Battles? Keen to come watch/take photos :p Edit - When as in What time/day as the site doesnt quite have the programme ready yet

Battle starts at 2pm.

When are the Battles? Keen to come watch/take photos :p Edit - When as in What time/day as the site doesnt quite have the programme ready yet

If you want I am heading over on the Sunday! Keen to catch up some time bro!

Jeremy is short on ww2 reneractors I'm filling in as one of the Jerrys so far he has 7 at the moment... Any more prob be great! :D

I've done reenacting with Jeremy a few times at the Omaka Airshow with another airsofter friend (vegeta). Jeremys friend also. Myself and Vegeta were also in a ww2 documentary with Jeremy that aired on TVNZ. I was in one about Charles Upham.

All in all, excellent fun. I would highly recommend this to any one. Even just the once for a bit of experience or some thing different. Jeremy is a good guy.

I'd love to get back in touch with him, could some one please pm me his number?

Jeremy is short on ww2 reneractors I'm filling in as one of the Jerrys so far he has 7 at the moment... Any more prob be great! :D

Awesome mate, J Rae said you were coming over

I've done reenacting with Jeremy a few times at the Omaka Airshow with another airsofter friend (vegeta). Jeremys friend also. Myself and Vegeta were also in a ww2 documentary with Jeremy that aired on TVNZ. I was in one about Charles Upham.

All in all, excellent fun. I would highly recommend this to any one. Even just the once for a bit of experience or some thing different. Jeremy is a good guy.

I'd love to get back in touch with him, could some one please pm me his number?

Hey Zimm, PM'ed

Oh I forgot about this thing. I'll be there on Saturday if you need me to play dress up or something.

That would be good Shannon I'll put you down and get you a ticket bro.

Uniform kit and weapon has just been all sorted for you bro (The things I do for you's LOL)

might try and come up for this....have full ww2 brit kit :)

You are more that welcome to come up to this bro. If I rember rightly you were doing a Viet Nam load out at one stage you can bring that too. If you have the period weapons (airsoft or real) bring them or you can just use ours. :D