Stolli

Gun Show 2013

Hey guys,

We're up for the gun show again this season.

It is expected to take place 15 - 17 Feb.

We are going to do security (not in an official capacity because that would require us to have security guard licenses) and put on the biggest display of hardware (real and airsoft) the Wellington militaria fraternity has ever seen.

We need some real buy in from those loyal to Wellington Rifles Inc (pretty much all of the Milsim group) to bring every bit of tactical hardware, weapons and other good stuff to ensure we stun everyone with the resource and commitment we can muster from our ranks.

There is a Koha, approx 1k that comes our way which is designed to go to WR but once its there we can divvy it up if needs be but if it goes to WR it will benefit us all anyway, one way or another, trust me.

As more detail comes forward I'll post it so you know what is going on.

Please post up here if you wanna be some use :)

P1000918_zps221b4b4e.jpg

It will be miles bigger than the first effort! Ask Waka, he'll tell ya.

So I gather that it will be a display of real/airsoft military weapons and other cool shit, rather than a display for the purposes of promoting the club (lol) and airsoft like last time (pictured)?

Absolutely! We are not doing it to harvest new members. Not interested, I like the crew as it is and would hope you guys have the same opinion :)

Guest T-Dog

I will be there but am attending with the Pistol Club.

If there's anything you need let me know etc,

Stolli - you should be able to use some of the photos from the film shoots if you like

We are considering doing a wee film of spectacular brilliance to run as a bit of something extra for the interested to watch. We'll discuss it tomorrow. I figure it will take a fair bit of role play etc but it is possible.

Things are getting closer, I can only expect we are not gunna get any kind of short film made up.

So what do you need to do?

Make yourself and all your cool kit available so we can scare everyone with all the hardware we have.

Be keen to be involved chaps!

So its running from the Thursday til Saturday?

I can probably get there to lend a hand for first day/setup. Its actually easier for me to get weekdays off than weekends, and it'll mean my gear can come out of the cupboard for once.

So its running from the Thursday til Saturday?

I can probably get there to lend a hand for first day/setup. Its actually easier for me to get weekdays off than weekends, and it'll mean my gear can come out of the cupboard for once.

Good spotting - corrected first post. 15 - 17 Feb.

Be sure n make a list of what you supply to ensure no silly mix ups that cause tears later when you go looking for something that has gone in the wrong kit bag.

Things are getting closer, I can only expect we are not gunna get any kind of short film made up.

So what do you need to do?

Make yourself and all your cool kit available so we can scare everyone with all the hardware we have.

Be keen to be involved chaps!

Will talk to you on Saturday fella.

Am available for Friday night and maaybee Saturday night.

Can't do Saturday day as have trolley races in my street - Ribble Street Races and Sunday am outta town.

My toys are available for the whole show (as long as someone is responsible for em).

Can provide -

* Early US Vietnam advisor loadout

* NZSAS Nam loadout

* US Nam LRRP loadout

* NZ WW2 loadout

and the shooters to go with it all

(+ I'm sure the Sixty and the 79 will make an appearance ;) ).

(+ I'm sure the Sixty and the 79 will make an appearance ;) ).

Yes they will LOL

You know what I have and what I can bring.

I can stay over both nights

How are we going to display all this goodness? It sounds like we will need half the hall......Do we need some more half mannequin things? And do we still have the big gun display stands from last time?

Everyone needs to make a list of what they will bring so we can see what we have and what we want/don't want

I can do:

Mid 90's German-Flecktarn (Needs one of Waka's G3's, maybe can sit with the MG3 too if the Yugo53 is used for WW2 stuffs)

NZ SAS ERDL/Shorty SLR

Russian gear with 2 AK's

Whiskey coy in Vietnam but Im sure everyone else will have that covered.

Got my black SLR for modern stuff/someones britsh kit?

And I will bring the M249.

PS Evan wants to come too.

PPS what are we wearing?

How are we going to display all this goodness? It sounds like we will need half the hall......Do we need some more half mannequin things? And do we still have the big gun display stands from last time?

Everyone needs to make a list of what they will bring so we can see what we have and what we want/don't want

I can do:

Mid 90's German-Flecktarn (Needs one of Waka's G3's, maybe can sit with the MG3 too if the Yugo53 is used for WW2 stuffs)

NZ SAS ERDL/Shorty SLR

Russian gear with 2 AK's

Whiskey coy in Vietnam but Im sure everyone else will have that covered.

And I will bring the M249.

PS Evan wants to come too.

PPS what are we wearing?

the more we have, the more we can invent. if in doubt, bring it. if we don't use it, we stash it.

Evan needs to have curbed his ability to antagonise the public and other exhibitors. I'm sure he's better behaved now he's a big boy.

What are we wearing? Nothing Current NZDF but something tidy and themed.

If you need me to rig some sort of display up' date=' hurry up and let me know! Could do sheet walls and can screw on brackets for guns/kit[/quote']

We still have the gun mounts from the previous time we did this. They are in good condition at my point of residence. We could do a triangle stack of SLRs. There are loads of options open to us, we just need use our imaginings. Crates n cam nets etc. We'll knock some desert thing up around my KLR

I just got off the phone from Alwyn. We will be located centrally in the main hall within a substantial roped off area. rather cool but it will mean we need to set up an all round d to allow eyes on our kit. we will also need to keep our display tidy of nasty rubbish and civi clutter.

Steve - Alwyn said you can bring the skippy, it might end up out the front but at this stage we can base it inside so it could be key to a Nam display.

A black SLR would be good. I can do an NZ 80's or Falklands Load out

MTP - L85

Nam NZ/Aus - SLR

Tiger Stripe - MX177

WW2 NZ - 303

US Woodland - M16

US Chocolate Chip - M16

US Marpat - M4

US Desert Marpat - M249

ACU - M4

Urban Digi - Black AUG

NZ DPM/DDPM - Green AUG

Russian FLORA - AK47 / RPK

Blah, blah, blah, blah

I have a 3/4 Mannequin on a stand. Good for camo/kit (currently Russian). Has arms, but no head though. Can loan it if it would be of some use.

I'll see what I can do re: getting a day off work. But am keen to come help set up Friday either way.

I'll bring some kit, but inevitably you all have 10x as much as I. And more accurate/not repro :D

Who wants a WAC shirt? I went to the place today to get them but they were closed, I will order the shirts tommorrow.

Who needs one? I was going to get a couple of spares (I have no idea if any of the WR guys want one) plus 2 for myself. If anyone wants one reply to this thread tonight or ring/txt me before lunch tommorrow.

I have a current one that works fine but if there's gunna be an updated version then get me one please. I'm not sure if we need to get Waka or Brownie one but let's see what they cost and we might spring for them yeah?