rayhz1

Taupo AirSoft

NOTE: Our Club has formally started and we are running casual events most Sundays

Details of each weekend are listed under our Club heading ( TAH )

We are operating out of two rural areas within 10 minutes of Taupo, the second venue being a large Pine plantation capable of holding large numbers of participants

We are looking at starting up a Taupo based Airsoft Club in the near future

and consequently are looking to gauge interest in a Club

At this point there are a few of us , ie 3 or 4, that meet on a purely casual basis mostly on a Sunday afternoon. There is no set format at this stage to our meetings. We are simply having a bit of fun

We have 2 venues located 10 minutes from town, both on smallish farm blocks. The main venue has a gulley with plenty of scrub and also a nearby pine plantation that we can use

At this point we are looking at putting in barricades etc in the gulley for more cover

Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] for more info

As everything is at this point on a casual basis, there is no charge for participation and our rules are quite simple

Basic safety rules apply. Safety goggles or equivalent must be worn

Face masks recommended

Any person who cannot comply with the rules and use common sense need not apply, and we reserve the right to deny entry to any such person

Your own equipment is a necessity at this stage

sweet' date=' didn't a prominent ASA founder just move there ;P?[/quote']

Too kind.

Just made the moved down to Taupo. Once I get a bit more settled will have to look into this. :D

Hey bud, I'm based in Rotorua, usually play in Auckland. Have a few spare rifles, batteries, masks etc. for guests. Would be great to get down for a Sunday game, would you be able to post up your next game or flick us a pm or text?

Sean

Had a bit of a game on Sunday, Sean from Rotorua came over, Aaron came out too

Making 5 of us present

Was good to get some ideas for layouts and setup etc, so Richard Tony and myself will be doing a bit of spade work

Consensus is that the gulley site could take two teams of up to 10 each and similar for the pine plantation

Incorporating both areas into one scenario would really open the numbers up

Was good to get additional players out there and to meet other players

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome Sunday, can say first hand Richards got a wicked field out there - the pine plantation at the back with the valley in the middle will make for some wicked VC trails and the large clearings at the front made for a great long-range shoot out - a tight-bore for the L86 might be on the cards to get Rich back for his nasty head shot he smacked me with!

Sean

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome Sunday, can say first hand Richards got a wicked field out there - the pine plantation at the back with the valley in the middle will make for some wicked VC trails and the large clearings at the front made for a great long-range shoot out - a tight-bore for the L86 might be on the cards to get Rich back for his nasty head shot he smacked me with!

Sean

Was a pleasure to see you there Sean, we are just watching the weather to work out when next

Richard has got a bunch of Ply sheets coming for protective walls and we are going to be figuring out placement for them. Should be able to set up 3 Bases and probably at least 4 to 6 gun placements

Once we figure out where its all going I will put up a map showing the general layout. ( will have to have a few surprises though with hidden placements )

As I said before you are welcome back anytime and anyone else keen to come over either PM or email me and I will keep in touch

regards..............Ray

I can do either if anyone keen sends me contact details I can text prior and confirm weather conditions on the day

Already got your number though so no probs there

I see the weather forecast has changed again, rain Saturday and Fine Sunday so we could be up for it again Sunday afternoon