Big Rudie

Any questions about rules post up here.

Can we get clarification on what can go on in the fort?

I think Ben and Ali were in a troubled spot because Ben only had visual on Ali's(?) head at close range and obviously didn't want to take the shot.

What exactly is the deal in a CQB type arena?

Also, can you refuse a BANG and be willing to take one to the face at your own risk?

I was reading the other night the RuB guys had more of a challenge situation in place and if they didn't accept it they risked taking one to the head (knowing thats the risk the took by not accepting the challenge).

I know im new and all, but i dont think the main issue is the FPS rules, i think it comes down to engagement ranges with each class not being followed properly, And shot placement being ignored in favour of pointing and shooting at the first point on an opponents body that your sight touches, at least thats what i think caused the major issue today.

The difference between 350 and 370 FPS isnt THAT major that it should be a huge difference at a range of 10m, but either 350 OR 370 fps at 2-3m is going to potentially cause problems.

Someone using 370 fps and combining it with some common sense shouldnt be a problem right?

I know im new and all, but i dont think the main issue is the FPS rules, i think it comes down to engagement ranges with each class not being followed properly, And shot placement being ignored in favour of pointing and shooting at the first point on an opponents body that your sight touches, at least thats what i think caused the major issue today.

The difference between 350 and 370 FPS isnt THAT major that it should be a huge difference at a range of 10m, but either 350 OR 370 fps at 2-3m is going to potentially cause problems.

Someone using 370 fps and combining it with some common sense shouldnt be a problem right?

It comes down to ease also. Instead of every person having an individual engagement for every weapon just cause its doing 20 more is stupid. It sets clear and easy rules to follow which the rest of the south island clubs run by.

Taking that extra split second to aim a shot properly just comes down to maturity and experience, which is why we restrict higher fps to the more experienced.

Also, If one's too lazy to downgrade spring then pay the price of having to buy a pistol and engage from further out. Or use our armourer system....

And no, 350 fps at close range is no more then a bleeder unless extreme circumstances of hitting a nasty spot. Hokitika CQB was ran that way and we had no issues the whole weekend

Can we get clarification on what can go on in the fort?

I think Ben and Ali were in a troubled spot because Ben only had visual on Ali's(?) head at close range and obviously didn't want to take the shot.

What exactly is the deal in a CQB type arena?

Also, can you refuse a BANG and be willing to take one to the face at your own risk?

I was reading the other night the RuB guys had more of a challenge situation in place and if they didn't accept it they risked taking one to the head (knowing thats the risk the took by not accepting the challenge).

the way i understand it, yea you can refuse a bang kill but upon doing so makes you fair game to be shot at.

inside the fort if you dont have a pistol you should be bang killing as everywhere in there is within 10m.

Up in hoki which was CQB guns were limited to 350fps with no engagement and yea it hurt and some of the hits drew blood but there was no serious problems as people checked what they were shooting at and didnt do stupid things. eg. surprising someone at about 2m distance and put 3 in their vest instead of shooting at exposed parts.

What is your stance on guns shooting 350-370fps? we recently agreed to let them' date=' are we going to review this? Thread here [url']http://www.asnz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=18225

running a gun shooting 350-370 ok providing your a experienced member. we should probably define what a experienced member is. we can discuss it at a later date when other senior members are present.

the fps rules are set as a south island standard. if for example you go play with one of the chch clubs you wont be allowed on the field with a gun shooting over 350fps. its a standard that we have adopted to make interclubs easier. DAC will allow experienced members a leeway of up to 370fps. but you must be able to demonstrate the maturity to use it.

It comes down to ease also. Instead of every person having an individual engagement for every weapon just cause its doing 20 more is stupid. It sets clear and easy rules to follow which the rest of the south island clubs run by.

Taking that extra split second to aim a shot properly just comes down to maturity and experience, which is why we restrict higher fps to the more experienced.

Also, If one's too lazy to downgrade spring then pay the price of having to buy a pistol and engage from further out. Or use our armourer system....

And no, 350 fps at close range is no more then a bleeder unless extreme circumstances of hitting a nasty spot. Hokitika CQB was ran that way and we had no issues the whole weekend

agreed, instead of playing the role of sir spam a lot, try using some form of tactics. flank a enemy, fire 1-3 rounds on target. aim for the vest or torso. if 30 guys can play in the confines of a fucking creepy mental hospital in the pitch black with rooms filled with smoke and play for 3 days without anyone sustaining a injury. we should be able to play on the open field once a fortnight without incident.

everyone should be aiming to have their guns at 350fps. a spring sells for what? $10? midget DACs armorer can change the spring out for you. everyone should have buy a pistol. if you cant afford a gbb buy a springer. you can pull your pistol when inside the 10m engagement distance and use it. also we have access to the paintball arena. which will make for some awesome team games. 2v2 pistol only capture the flag and games like that.

i apologize for the lack of grammar, im exhausted and cbf fixing it all up.

Guest Halo

As an old fart i'd like to come to next game and give my 2 cents worth if a senior player meeting rebgarding this stuff is happening.

As an old fart i'd like to come to next game and give my 2 cents worth if a senior player meeting rebgarding this stuff is happening.

The other old fart likes this idea.

Did we still have the old metal target silhouettes that were at the Kilmog? Maybe have a basic skills session for new guys if Halo was willing? Put the shooters position 10m and 20m from the targets so people get a feel for the distances. When I lived on site for work, I shoot a lot for practice from a variety of positions and distances we have access to a convenient field turn up early and put a few mags through your gun before a game. It works muscle memory and all that.

As said above select your targets well, aiming for the gut (or nuts) is the best place to aim for as if your shot is high or low you still get them somewhere. Often all you can see with a camper is their head, work as a team lay down suppressive fire for flankers to come in.

If Brian makes new trench systems more incidents will happen of guys are not careful. A springer pistol is a cheap option for new players to get and it has been agreed before newbies can't be snipers or have high FPS's. Its our club so we can set the rules if that not liked by new players tough.

Also people not calling hits continually will be removed from the game. Its not good form and just results in people getting angry. If you cant play the game properly' date=' we dont want you playing with us.[/b']

This is not good and agree with the Big fella. Airsoft is played with good sportsmanship and honesty unlike paintball we rely on honesty calls. The more experienced players how know their guns shoot also know when they hit you. Its not CoD (there are no hacks just skill) and its not about racking up massive kill totals and when hit you are rarely out of the game long. Good players call hits.

WHEN IN DOUBT TAKE THE HIT

Right Time for my 50cents.

1st thing 350fps fixed no need for a change.

2nd make sure the noob's understand at the safty brief that head shots are a no go zone.

3rd some of you guys are simply not calling hit. Be fair call it when u get it "loud" <---- by this i meen YELL IT! if not im going to keep shooting you till you say it that simple.

4th Bang rules with SEG Rifles. few things about this people were bang killing miles away with them. Id take a bang hit over getting shot with in 5m with a seg but anything over 10m keep dreaming im going to shoot at you. As weka said be4 take the time to get to know how far away targets are its that simple. My feelings for this are mainly pointed at people that have played more then 1-3 games.

5th dead players shooting at other players who are still alive. there is no need to do this it confuses other players to what is going on and really needs to stop.

6th the need for all players intending on playing more then the once off game getting a pistol. i feel that most of the problems will be alot less then what they are now if people did use pistol when needed. Just my thoughts on that.

At the end of the day its a game and ya meant to have fun. A few rules to adhere to isn't that hard is it?

What about age limits? do we really need to have kids running around the field?

I disagree with the fps rules, the field is pretty open (bar the smaller fields fort) perhaps an fps of up to 350 for beginners and no higher than 400 for experienced.

Maybe make sidearms a mandatory first purchase for new guys so they can get used to using them.

If you continually don't call your hits then expect to keep getting hit long after you finally call it, like that 15 year old at the last game I played.

I think at the end of the day getting shot sucks and if your worried about getting hit in the mouth and smashing a tooth then wear a mask/shemagh/bandanna or whatever, accidents happen.

Guest Halo

Asnz gaming rules for all south island clubs is a set 350fps, anyone travelling away or any interclub hosted by dac with other asnz clubs must have a chrono session brfore start. This means alot of spring changes. If weapons are set up properly a gun shooting 320fps or lower still has massive range. Im down at the low fps and was hitting target 50-70mtrs away last week.

Asnz gaming rules for all south island clubs is a set 350fps' date=' anyone travelling away or any interclub hosted by dac with other asnz clubs must have a chrono session brfore start. This means alot of spring changes. If weapons are set up properly a gun shooting 320fps or lower still has massive range. Im down at the low fps and was hitting target 50-70mtrs away last week.[/quote']

True, my Realsword SVD only does around 350fps and it has awesome range and accuracy. A good barrel and hop-up are better than high fps.

As for my steyr, i was confident enough it would be accurate enough to put down 1 hit kills at 50m. People are buying shitty guns cause they're too keen, Which rely on range through fps instead of decent hops and barrels. Take the extra month or two to save an extra $100 and Perhaps enforcing armourer imports for first weapon?

Perhaps enforcing armourer imports for first weapon?

Found lately a lot of guys are showing up with guns, idk where they are getting them from. Maybe this conversation should be continued in the private section?

Perhaps enforcing armourer imports for first weapon?

In theory a good idea, but there will always be people who pick up a cheap 2nd hand gun off a mate etc and show up with it, or buy one off asgc or the likes.

Instead of enforcing an armourer import, what about having the armourer check the gun (basic inspection, i.e no dodgy connections, no missing bits, chrono check etc) before it is allowed to be used in game???. If a new player doesnt get it checked and turns up to a game where the armourer isnt present to check it, tough luck. It would be just as much benefit for the player as for the club as it may prevent the gun fuxxoring itself in the first game ;)

also, if the pistol does become more of a requirement, it will give me a good reason to tell the missus why i have to buy one :D

Chrono checks for new guns are not optional it must be done, if the chrono is not available at the game the gun defaults to maximum engagement distance.

When you play in Chch all guns get chrono'd with .2's loaded at the test spot. It take some time but can be done while everyone is getting kitted up.

On the age issue, if you are under 18 you need a firearms licence to play. Only exceptions being under immediate supervision by a member over 18 or by a firearms holder. (sections 21, 22 Arms Act).

If you are under 18 you need to elect someone to supervise you and that person needs to know of that obligation. I think there may be a few players who get stung by this but it has to be done.

Well i double check Police site and this is what it said

(Source: http://www.police.govt.nz/services/firearms/arms-code-section-3)

‘Immediate supervision’ means that the licensed or older person is within reach and in control of the person using the airgun. The person providing the supervision must be able to take control of the airgun. They cannot be in possession or control of another firearm or airgun. On a range or paintball field: the rules in place, fenced field and supervision of umpires, referees or Range Officer go toward immediate supervision.

We need a match referee then. They must be unarmed and prepared to intervene. If no one over 18 wants to referee then under 18 players with no licence cant play.

Pretty easy fix though, high vis vest and radio perhaps?

The under 18 requiring direct supervision rule doesn't apply to us due to playing on a commercial paintball field. So don't worry abou that one guys.

As a general rule you need to have a clear shot, but there is always the option to ask them come out before you light them up for safety. I've done it and they emerged from the wrong bush :)

You usually need to be able to see them. For instance if someone is in cover at close range, calling bang would not be valid as you couldnt shoot them anyway. However, as it is a safety/courtesy rule, often times people will take the bang. I certainly have many times as VC and usually thank the yank for not shooting.